Application Security Services
We offer application security solutions at every stage of development including: Secure Development Training, Secure Code Reviews, Vulnerability Assessments, and Penetration Testing.
You Trust Us with Your Application’s Security. We’ll Do the Rest.
We offer comprehensive application security services, including:
Secure Development Training
We offer cost effective in-house training based around the OWASP Top 10 and SANS Internet Storm Centre research. Through our training, you can be sure that your developers undergo a program that is kept up-to-date and relevant to users.
This is an early stage application risk assessment that analyses your application, its purpose and possible use cases. We are then able to present threats and attack vectors that you should be conscious of.
During a vulnerability assessment, we scan an application for OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities both as an authorised and unauthorised user. Discovery is followed by vulnerability prioritisation and provision of guidelines for remediation.
The aim of this test is to identify vulnerabilities and then exploit them for validation. The results are presented in a report and prioritised according to their risk level. The report also includes recommendations for cost effective and actionable remediation strategies.
During this phase, we are able to identify flaws and weaknesses in the design components based on the threat landscape and OWASP Top 10.
Secure Code Review
A Secure Code Review identifies security flaws in code early in the development. This includes identifying weaknesses that may allow exploitation or abuse of the application.
Benefits of Secure Development
Peace of Mind
- Building your application with security in mind reduces the number and severity of vulnerabilities in code and architecture.
- Provide your customers with applications that have a minimal risk of compromise and downtime.
- Avoid costly remediation especially if vulnerabilities are uncovered while the application is still under warranty.
- Offer your customers an independently verified secure product and leverage that to differentiate your offering and increase profit margins.
- Developing in tandem with security verification fast-tracks your route to PCI DSS compliance saving you time, effort and money in the process.
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology estimates that code ﬁxes performed after an application’s release can result in 30 times the cost of ﬁxes performed during the design phase. Additional costs incurred include loss of user productivity and downtime.
- Security practices are transferable and repeatable resulting in increased efficiencies and reduction in costs.
“ For us to be able to go to our clients and have a relationship in place with a company like Shearwater who lives and breathes security is immediately reassuring and goes a long way to giving them comfort. That definitely paid dividends for us from a brand, value proposition, and business development perspective.“
CEO – The Reach Agency