What is a Wireless Penetration Test ?
A Wireless Penetration test is an authorised hacking attempt, which is designed to detect and exploit vulnerabilities in security controls employed by a number of wireless technologies and standards, misconfigured access points, and weak security protocols.
Benefits to your business
- Ensure Compliance with PCI DSS and other security standards
- Audit security monitoring procedures and incident response tactics
- Detect vulnerabilities, misconfigured wireless devices, and rogue access points
- Reduce the risk and legal ramifications of a business breach
- Harden the wireless access path to your internal network
- Get independent security verification – of encryption and authentication policies – for devices interacting with your wireless network
- Prevent unauthorised use of your wireless network as a pivot for cyber attacks, which may be traced back to your organisation
- Provide management with a proof of exploit, which outlines the assets that an attack can compromise; such as, compromising critical data or gaining administrative level rights over routers and switches
Shearwater’s Wireless Penetration Testing Methodology
Shearwater: The Gold Standard in Penetration Testing
Here is how we raise the bar:
Shearwater offers in-depth executive level reporting which serves as a risk minimisation tool for management, and a technical document – listing vulnerabilities prioritised according to risk level – for the internal security team. The report also provides access to mitigation strategies based on Shearwater’s key insights into the cyber-threat landscape.
Post Engagement Follow Up
Our post engagement follow-up is an additional benefit that allows clients to engage us with questions, or seek guidance on issues referred to in our penetration testing report.
The Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP)
The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
Source Security Testing Methodology Manual (OSSTMM)
Penetration Testing and Execution Standard (PTES)
Penetration Testing Framework
Australian Government Security Policies and Guidelines
We listen to our clients to understand their goals. Our team also alerts security staff – in real time – to critical vulnerabilities and threats discovered.