How Vulnerable Are You?
A vulnerability assessment is a process that identifies security holes within a network or communications infrastructure. Unfortunately no application is perfect and any weaknesses within a network will leave it vulnerable to outside attacks.
Using this method to assess weaknesses, we deliberately probe a network or system to discover its vulnerabilities. By using this process we can provide guidelines for counter measures to prevent any future attacks.
It is important to note that any attack on an organisations network can result in a costly clean-up; and worse, depending on your organisation, a public relations nightmare.
At Shearwater Ethical Hacking we use best-of-breed vulnerability scanners to perform all of our assessments. These include a combination of both commercial and freely available tools to get the best possible coverage and outcome.
Vulnerability assessments can have a specific focus:
- Network – With this assessment, we focus on hosts within a network including devices that are connected to find weaknesses.
- Web Application - This assessment includes testing the OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities, and the application as both an unauthorised or authorised user.
- Virtual Platform - Virtual environments have exploded onto the scene in recent years and bring some unique challenges. This assessment checks your virtual environment and its host configurations to ensure they comply with security best practices.
- SQL Database - Databases contain some of the most sensitive data within an organisation. Shearwater Ethical Hacking will deploy software to test the sensitivity of your database contents as well as check the security settings within the Systems.
- PCI ASV – We can provide compliance scanning of Internet facing resources, as well as internal vulnerability scans, which address the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) requirements.
- Wireless – We test for the presence and security level of wireless access points and detect unauthorized wireless access points.
Contact us on 1300 228 872 or email@example.com to organise a free no obligation scoping assessment tailored specifically to your organisational requirements.