- Collaborative, supportive team
- Flexible, friendly work environment
The Security Solutions Advisor – Federal Government is a senior role within Shearwater’s rapidly growing Canberra office. Primary responsibility is for customer relationship development, revenue delivery through sales activities and formulation of client centric security advice and outcomes.
The Security Solutions Advisor is not your typical sales role, it requires:
- Extensive information security subject matter expertise;
- A willingness to work in collaborative partnership with clients to achieve optimal organizational outcomes from client security investment;
- Strong ethics and a good moral compass; and
- Excellent communications and written skills and outstanding personal awareness.
It is suited to someone from a technical security background who is seeking to get out from behind a desk and talk to people. The Security Solutions Advisor is responsible for ensuring the formation and development of mutually beneficial business relationships, providing Shearwater with opportunities to partner with Federal Government entities and private enterprise in the Canberra area as a trusted security advisor.
These objectives may be direct through personal involvement or indirect through co-ordination with other Shearwater personnel.
Business Development Activities:
- Partnership development – Ensure partnership developments to provide Shearwater opportunities.
- Opportunity development – Ensure opportunity development with client business partners.
- Proven information security knowledge and extensive business experience is essential.
- Must be an Australian citizen and able to obtain a Federal Government clearance.
- An established network of contacts and relationships, and ability to develop further relationships is necessary.
- Tertiary education with security/technical qualifications is strongly preferred.
Key Role Interactions:
- Reporting to the Chief Strategy and Marketing Officer.
- Interaction with other Security Solutions Advisors and consultants is central to this role, together with management, guidance and development of client relationships.
- Liaison and co-ordination with Professional Services and managed services.
Key skills and abilities must include:
- Relationship network and opportunity/ability to expand.
- Awareness and ability to establish business relationships and develop sales.
- Experience and technical understanding if Information Security business drivers, industry direction and technology.
- Experience and capability of presenting complex technology solutions to both business and technical personnel.
Our core values here at Shearwater:
Act with heart and soul | Create magical customer experiences | Take pride, own the outcome | Speak freely and respectfully | Have fun, as a team
If you would like to apply or would like to organise a confidential and discrete time to discuss one of these roles further, in the first instance please email your CV and a cover letter through to Careers@Shearwater.com.au. We look forward to hearing from you.