Shearwater is a leading Australian Cyber Security Company. We are a values-driven organisation with very low turnover. Why? Because our team is made up of highly engaged professionals who love the people they work with, the team environment, the openness of opinion, lack of politics, ongoing training and development focus, and strong ethical and value-based culture. At the heart of our business are our values:
Act with heart and soul | Create magical customer experiences | Take pride, own the outcome | Speak freely and respectfully | Have fun, as a team.
About the Role
We are looking for a number of experienced Penetration Testers to join our team in Canberra, or if you live in other parts of Australia, we have one role which can be based from home. The successful candidates will:
- Work with a diverse range of customers to identify and solve security problems, both in person and remotely.
- Undertake application, network, systems and infrastructure penetration testing and vulnerability assessments.
- Perform social engineering and physical security assessments and/or undertake secure code reviews, where appropriate.
- Prepare high quality reports detailing security issues, making recommendations and identifying solutions.
- Assist account managers with technical aspects of engagement scoping.
- Maintain and improve penetration testing processes and methodologies.
- Pass on knowledge and mentor other Security Consultants within the team.
What you will bring to Shearwater
Our newest team member will have:
- A minimum of 2 years’ demonstrated experience working in penetration testing
- Penetration Testing certifications such as SANS, OSCP, CREST CRT or CCT (Applications or Infrastructure) or other.
- Proven experience in security assessment tools and distributions.
- Strong understanding of information security principles and security technologies.
- Effective time management capability; able to organise and plan own work and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong work ethic, a passion for information security and a drive to continuously learn.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- AGSVA clearance of NV1 or higher is a bonus.
What we offer you
All our team members get access to:
- Competitive remuneration.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities.
- A supportive and flexible working environment.
- Varied and interesting work engagements.
- A family friendly culture.
- The opportunity to work with a fun team that are all about Cyber Security.
- A Sydney Harbour Cruise Christmas Party!
If you are passionate about Cyber Security and our purpose and values speak to you at your core, then Shearwater is the place for you.
Apply now – careers@Shearwater.com.au – to organise a confidential and discrete time to discuss this role further.