What is a Penetration Test?
A Penetration Test (also known as Ethical Hacking) is an authorised hacking attempt targeting an organisation’s IT infrastructure, applications and staff, with the aim of gaining access into its virtual assets. The purpose of this test is to harden security defences by eliminating vulnerabilities and advising on areas that are susceptible for compromise.
Benefits to Executive Management
- Independently verify your organisation’s security posture and processes
- Reduce risk and incorporate Information Security into your organisation’s overall risk management policy
- Avoid the high cost, legal ramifications, and damage to reputation that can result from information loss
- Leverage good security practices as a competitive advantage
- Ensure compliance with PCI DSS and other security standards
- Incorporate business objectives into your overall security program. Security management is fast becoming the domain of executive management, not just the internal IT team.
“For us to be able to go to our clients and have a relationship in place with a company like Shearwater who lives and breathes security is immediately reassuring and goes a long way to giving them comfort. That definitely paid dividends for us from a brand, value proposition, and business development perspective.”
Shearwater: The Gold Standard in Penetration Testing
Here is how we raise the bar:
Shearwater offers in-depth executive level reporting which serves as a risk minimisation tool for management, and a technical document – listing vulnerabilities prioritised according to risk level – for the internal security team. The report also provides access to mitigation strategies based on Shearwater’s key insights into the cyber-threat landscape.
Post Engagement Follow Up
Our post engagement follow-up is an additional benefit that allows clients to engage us with questions, or seek guidance on issues referred to in our report.