Scope of Shearwater’s Network Penetration Testing
What is a Network Penetration Test?
An Network Penetration Test is an authorised hacking attempt designed to uncover and exploit network vulnerabilities and gain access to an organisation’s information assets. The testing process is followed by a comprehensive report prioritising vulnerabilities and outlining actionable mitigation strategies.
Benefits of Network Penetration Testing
- Harden network security and maintain a proactive security posture
- Test the resilience of your network architecture and validate security configurations
- Reduce risk, and avoid the high costs, legal ramifications, and damage to reputation that may result from information loss
- Ensure compliance with PCI DSS and other security standards
- Detect misconfigured systems and identify your organisation’s IT footprint on the internet
- Allow network engineers to leverage Shearwater’s expertise, make informed decisions, and follow best practices
- Validate resilience to malware, viruses, and worm propagation
- Detect access controls vulnerabilities
- Reduce time and costs associated with managing false positives
Shearwater: The Gold Standard in Penetration Testing
Here is how we raise the bar:
Shearwater offers in-depth executive level reporting which serves as a risk minimisation tool for management, and a technical document – listing vulnerabilities prioritised according to risk level – for the internal security team. The report also provides access to mitigation strategies based on Shearwater’s key insights into the cyber-threat landscape.
Post Engagement Follow Up
Our post engagement follow-up is an additional benefit that allows clients to engage us with questions, or seek guidance on issues referred to in our report.