What is a Vulnerability Assessment?
Vulnerability Assessment is a process that scans for and identifies security holes within a network or communications infrastructure. Discovery is followed by prioritisation of vulnerabilities and provision of guidelines for counter measures.
Benefits to your business
- Assists in compliance with PCI DSS and other regulatory requirements
- Incorporates business objectives into the security plan
- Presents a risk assessment that validates internal security expenditure
- Reduces and mitigates risks of downtime
- Allows an organisation to map threats to its infrastructure
- Enables the security team to implement best practices to protect the organisation’s critical data, intellectual property, and reputation
- Allows security management to do more with its budget by investing according to the criticality of each asset