Vulnerability Management 101:
5 Best Practices For Success
Most security leaders recognise that scanning for vulnerabilities should be a vital part of their security program.
But running a vulnerability scan is just the tip of the iceberg. Ever wondered what you should be scanning in your environment, or how often you should be scheduling scans? And how do you validate, prioritise and remediate scan results?
All these critical activities work in tandem and underlie an effective and repeatable vulnerability management program.
- Establish a vulnerability management strategy
- Follow vulnerability management best practices
- Get the right tools, resources and processes in place
- Feed vulnerability data into other tools for deeper intelligence
- Report and get the right information to the right people